Data Director for a Big Enterprise
We are currently managing a Data Director role for a Big Enterprise based in Barcelona.
In this role, you will be responsible for our entire Business Intelligence function which includes 4 expertise levels that focus on providing insights and aiding business decision-making:
- FRONT-END: Design the BI solutions for the company within Tableau Online for internal and external stakeholders.
- BACK-END: Design the Architecture of the Data envirnoments, ETL, and Data preparation.
- DATA GOVERNANCE: Policies and processes to ensure 100% reliability in the data we provide.
- DATA ANALYSIS: Provide company-wide intelligence leveraging our standardized data content to improve our decision-making process.
Data Director responsibilities:
- Having a general view of the company Data & BI needs to draw the strategy with the Management department.
- Understanding business priorities and technical constraints to manage a living roadmap on all data products.
- Create visibility and predictability via roadmaps, anticipative planning, and active risk management.
- Building long-term vision for our data products, helping bring to life high-performing content (dashboards, algorithms, standards).
- Supporting the company-wide effort to make data-driven decisions part of company DNA thanks to performings and easy-to-use Data platfroms.
- Constantly screen the market as a control tower to ensure the direction of our unit fits with the best market practices in terms of Business Intelligence.
Stakeholders management (C-Level):
- Show great leadership skills that make it easier to get everyone to agree with new policies.
- Ensure relevant parts of the organization are engaged.
- Collaborating with leadership in Data Science, Engineering, and Analytics to achieve the company goals.
- Monitor and report on progress toward objectives to leadership and stakeholders.
- Mentor and grow a team of talented BI Managers and Experts toward an impact-driving organization
- Create a cohesive and safe environment to ensure thriving collaboration within the team itself.
- Drive continuous improvements efforts across the BI team branches
- Motivate your team to find creative ways to continue to deliver frequently even for complex, high-dependency projects.
- Drive the BI strategy
- MS, MBA, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science Statistics, or similar field.
- +10 years of experience in Data Governance, Data Management or Data Operations (great understanding of software / database / report development complexities).
- +5 years of experience in technical people management in large companies (>1000 employees), and at least 2 different organizations
- Capability to adapt, lead and drive toward a dynamic future.
- Experience creating & leading several small / medium sized teams working remotely
- Great communication skills
- Ability to lead without authority, build relationships, trust, confidence, etc
- Fluent in English
- Salary range: up to 85k!
- FULL REMOTE working model
If you believe you're the ideal candidate for the Data Director role, do not hesitate to apply to the offer with your LinkedIn profile or uploading your CV.
We will contact you very soon!
Truthfully, your People Partner.
At IKIGAI Talent there are people ready to help you with everything you need:
If you're interested in Sales and Digital vacancies, talk to Alexander!
Hey there, I’m Alexander.
My main expertise is Executive & Management departments, such as CCO, VP Sales, Sales Director, Sales Manager, VP Marketing, Marketing Director, and many others.
Are you open to learn more about any of these roles? Don’t hesitate to contact me.
Write to us!
If you’d like to know more about IKIGAI Talent, have any questions, or would like to collaborate with us, you can send an email to:
You can also book an online appointment through our calendar:
Come and see us!
If you’re more into coffee and conversation at the same table, we’ll be waiting for you at our offices:Gran Via de Carles III, 94, 8o 3a, 08028 Barcelona
Follow us on: