CTO (Ed-Tech) for an important Ed-Tech Company in Barcelona
We are currently managing a CTO role for an important Ed-Tech Company with Headquarters in Barcelona.
The main goal of the role is to be responsible every aspect in the Technology Department, leading and consolidating the IT team, consisting of Design, Front, Back, Systems, and Emerging Tech & ensuring both the quality of the ongoing service and the incorporation of new technologies such as AI and Analytics.
CTO (Ed-Tech) responsibilities:
- Leading the work of the Design, Front, Back, Systems, and Emerging Tech areas, working in biweekly sprints and with a daily initially consisting of 8 people.
- Controlling the quality and work of backend and development by directly participating in programming and architecture tasks.
- Leading the change from a monolithic structure to Microservices + establishing a DevOps culture.
- Defining the IT team’s growth strategy, ensuring alignment with the company’s current situation.
- Transmitting the company values to the team, being an example of our working style.
- Participating in the company’s direction and strategy in the FELT team, reporting directly to the founders.
Required experience for the role:
- +3 years of experience in development and system platforms, leading teams of at least 5 people.
- Management of cloud services.
- Knowledge of Linux, Python, Shell, and Bash scripting tools.
- Experience with MySQL databases.
- Full-stack development of technology.
- Innovation, leadership capacity, and growth strategy for IT teams.
- Autonomy and responsibility.
- Leadership and decision-making skills.
- Proactivity and perseverance.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Desire to learn and innovate.
- Ability to prioritize in a demanding daily service environment.
- English level C1.
- No-Relational databases.
- Elasticsearch or OpenSearch.
- AI and Analytics tools.
- University engineering studies will be valued.
- 100% work from home in a high-growth company.
- Full-time and indefinite contract from day one.
- Access to medical insurance with Adeslas.
- Very good working environment, dynamic and enthusiastic.
- In-person meetings with the entire team twice a year and online events.
If you believe you’re the ideal candidate for the CTO (Ed-Tech) role, do not hesitate to apply to the offer with your LinkedIn Profile or uploading your CV.
We will contact you very soon!
Truthfully, your People Partner
At IKIGAI Talent there are people ready to help you with everything you need:
If you're interested in Executive vacancies, talk to Cristina!
Kon’nichiwa, I’m Cristina Herrera.
I love managing Executive roles such as CTOs, VP’s of Engineering, CPOs, CFOs, CMOs, CSOs, CDOs, and more.
Always open to have a coffe and talk about the new challange in your career path.
Write to us!
If you’d like to know more about IKIGAI Talent, have any questions, or would like to collaborate with us, you can send an email to:
You can also book an online appointment through our calendar:
Come and see us!
If you’re more into coffee and conversation at the same table, we’ll be waiting for you at our offices:Gran Via de Carles III, 94, 8o 3a, 08028 Barcelona
Follow us on: