Chief Operations Officer
Chief Operations Officer (COO) – Strategic Leadership
We are currently managing a Chief Operations Officer (COO) role for a Cloud Company based in Barcelona.
Chief Operating Officer (COO) responsibilities:
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Designing and implementing an effective strategic work plan for the company.
- Collaborating and working cross-functionally with various departments.
- Coordinating and leading the Service Manager and Team Leads, ensuring the constant tracking of their objectives and providing solutions to their needs.
- Conducting regular follow-up meetings with the third-level team (Service Managers, Team Leads, and strategic profiles within the company).
- Engaging with the technical leadership to seek support, address issues collectively, request technical training for the team, etc.
Resource Optimization and Process Enhancement
- Ensuring well-defined goals and tasks for the team.
- Optimizing business processes and leveraging economic resources for each project, minimizing resource utilization while maximizing operational results and avoiding performance losses.
- Automating operational activities, workflows, and dynamic communications whenever possible.
- Analyzing common solutions to streamline client systems, providing specific tools and documentation for repetitive tasks along with relevant training (e.g., audit tools, monitoring systems, FinOps, architectural review checklists, etc.).
- Establishing mechanisms to identify and ensure compliance with deliverable SLAs in terms of timeliness and quality.
Team Management and Development
- Reporting financial data to the responsible manager and allocating time reports from the team.
- Overseeing the recruitment of new personnel and requesting profiles based on business needs.
- Monitoring business productivity and ensuring equitable workload distribution within the team.
- Providing the team with the necessary tools and training to perform their tasks effectively.
- Identifying and anticipating risk situations for the company, such as customer dissatisfaction, productivity issues, talent retention, security concerns, etc.
- Offering exceptional post-sales support and attending meetings with potential and existing clients to address tense situations and evaluate improvement implementations alongside Service Managers.
Cultural Alignment and Documentation
- Responsible for matching profiles to projects and business needs, in collaboration with Service Managers and Team Leads.
- Ensuring the team is aligned with the company’s culture and work methods.
- Maintaining an inventory of clients with up-to-date collaboration status and ensuring the existence of concise operational and descriptive documentation, with collaboration from Service Managers.
Requirements and Skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret the interrelation of results across different areas.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Effective communication and team management skills.
- Resourceful and solution-oriented mindset.
- Aptitude for making objective and efficient decisions.
- Ability to serve as a liaison between various stakeholders and the CEO.
- Adaptability to work under pressure and respond quickly to changes.
- Additional specialized training relevant to this professional profile.
- Knowledge of the IT sector, specifically operations and Cloud architecture.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Reports
- Average customer satisfaction rating (C-SAT).
- Team size.
- Team satisfaction.
- Service Manager KPI compliance.
- Team Lead KPI compliance.
Common Objectives with Management:
- Operating income result: EBITDA.
- Acquisition of new clients.
- Contract renewals.
- Snow Dashboard.
- Performance dashboard for teams and individuals.
- Financial COO report.
- Salary range: up to 80k.
- HYBRID working model.
If you believe you’re the ideal candidate for the Chief Operations Officer role, do not hesitate to apply to the offer using your LinkedIn Profile or uploading your CV.
We will contact you very soon!
Truthfully, your People Partner
At IKIGAI Talent there are people ready to help you with everything you need:
If you're interested in Executive vacancies, talk to Cristina!
Kon’nichiwa, I’m Cristina Herrera.
I love managing Executive roles such as CTOs, VP’s of Engineering, CPOs, CFOs, CMOs, CSOs, CDOs, and more.
Always open to have a coffe and talk about the new challange in your career path.
Write to us!
If you’d like to know more about IKIGAI Talent, have any questions, or would like to collaborate with us, you can send an email to:
You can also book an online appointment through our calendar:
Come and see us!
If you’re more into coffee and conversation at the same table, we’ll be waiting for you at our offices:Gran Via de Carles III, 94, 8o 3a, 08028 Barcelona
Follow us on: